After lots of trying to connect the bluetooth headset via bluetooth and pulseaudio to Linux, the following procedure has proved pretty successful for me most of the time:
- Pair Headset normally via blueman.
- Connect to the headset (aka telephony) service (not A2DP)
- killall -9 pulseaudio (it often hangs for me)
- start playing something
- open pavucontrol
- switch the playing output to the bluetooth device
- you now hear crappy sound
- now while the sound is playing, connect A2DP, either via blueman.
- pulseaudio should automatically switch to high quality playback now. otherwise: Go to the last tab in pavucontrol and set the profile to A2DP.
Enjoy! And let us know if this worked for you! ;)