TuxArena put up a nice summary of some useful apt-get commands.
I have to correct them in one point: For dpkg -L to work, the package needs to be installed already.
I also have a few extra ones:
- apt-cache search (search packages)
- apt-cache show (show full package description)
- apt-cache policy (show available package versions)
- apt-cache depends (show package dependencies)
- dpkg -P (remove package completely, that means also configuration etc.)
- dpkg-reconfigure --priority=low (reconfigure package, show all options)