InstantRemote is a cross-platform (Mac, Linux, Windows) remote
touchpad with instant setup. I've successfully tested it on Ubuntu and Mac OS X 10.6.
You can get the app at:
All you need to do is run this .jar file on any computer in a local network:
After you run the jar, the app automatically discovers the computer
and offers to control it. It works like the touchpad on your notebook.
You can click by tapping, scroll with a two finger swipe, and zoom by
spreading your fingers. It works surprisingly precise and smoothly.
The setup is an absolute no-brainer. The app comes without apps and
only requires network setup.
- left click
- auto-discovery of computers
- entering letter by letter and short words via Swype
What didn't work in my test:
- long words with Swype (1.4 beta)
- double click
- right click
- right click e.g. via two finger tap
- double click via double tap
- disable the display's backlight to save battery
- better swype support